Natures Beautiful Bounty Shop

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dolphin Statue outside marineland of Florida

Picture was taken in June 2010 as my children and myself were driving back from Washington Oaks Garden State Park.  The feel of the "new" Marineland just feels empty.  In the past when I would stop at Marineland, you could feel excitement in the air.  It seemed like a lot was happening, even during the winter months, but now it just feels void of anything.   I still believe this is too bad, I understand that the dolphins are thriving and all and I am happy about this, but there used to be so much more to Marineland than just the Dolphins.  Yes, the dolphins were the main focal point, but they also had sperm whales, manatees, dragonfish, sharks, flamingoes, sea turtles, manta rays, and so much more.  You actually could learn about a lot of different types of marine mammals and animals.  You just do not feel the magic that was once there.

1 comment:

  1. Dear JRay: How true are your comments about how you used to be able to feel 'the excitement in the air' at Marineland. To understand my feelings about what happened to Marineland, visit www.florida-backroads-travel.com. I've written three articles you may enjoy: "My Boyhood Memories of Marineland", "More Marineland Memories" and "Return to Marineland".

    ReplyDelete